Abbey Stadium Sports Centre
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN RETURNING TO THE CENTRE
We aim to keep our centre as fun and friendly as it has always been whilst complying with all social distancing regulations. All of our sessions are bookable, please follow the link below to book your session.Book your session – Click Here
Please take a few minutes to read through this information and watch the relevant instructional videos which outline the necessary changes we’ve made around our facilities.
Before visiting the centre please view the instructional video for each activity area and familiarise yourself on the new procedures.
Visiting the Gym and Spin Studio
Please note to following changes coming into effect from Wednesday 5th August:
– Book a double gym session without leaving the gym and queuing up again.
– Virtual Spin Classes are available to book.
Visiting the Swimming Pool
Effective from Saturday 25th July – Changing rooms are now available after your Swim.
Please note to following changes coming into effect from Wednesday 5th August:
– Family Bubble swim available to book (up to 6 people) – £15 for family bubble for lane for 45mins (main pool only) Available weekdays 1:00pm-3:00pm, Saturday 1:00pm-3:00pm and Sunday 10:00am-12:00pm
Visiting for Group Exercise Classes
- There will be clear signage showing the routes you are required to take around the centre and areas that are out of use. Dry Side Changing rooms and showers will be unavailable and members are asked to shower and change at home.
- Our staff will be on hand as always but please remember to respect the 2m social distancing rule when requesting assistance from our team members
- Our gym equipment will be spaced out to allow 2m distancing at all times. There may be some areas that are being utilised for different things such as the sports hall used for classes.
The following areas and activities will be unavailable initially however we will keep these under constant review:
- Cafe/Lounge area
- Dry side changing area
- HIIT Studio
- Holistic Studio
- Water fountains. Please come prepared
- Swimming Lessons
- Children’s party Bookings
- Swimming fun sessions
- 5-a-side football
All sessions at the centre MUST be booked in advance. You will no longer be able to just walk into the centre for your workout. You can book your session online, by telephone or via Sportsbooker. You will need to ensure you have proof of your booking to gain entry. All bookings are 7 days in advance for members and 5 days in advance for none members.
To ensure social distancing is maintained, we have allocated time slots for you to access your Gym, Swim or Exercise Class sessions.
- GYM SESSIONS – 30 minutes past the hour
- EXERCISE CLASS SESSIONS – 15 minutes past the hour
- SWIM SESSIONS – on the hour
To enter the facility at your chosen time you must arrive no more than 5 minutes before. If you are 5 minutes late, you will be denied access.
- We have implemented and enhanced cleaning regime throughout the centre. All areas will be cleaned after each session. It is essential that members clean down each machine after use – equipment may not be shared unless it has been cleaned down between uses.
- Our staff have been given in-depth COVID-19 training and are aware of the precautions that need to be taken to ensure our centre remains open and safe.
- Hygiene stations are available in all high-touch areas offering hand sanitiser and medical grade disinfectant and sanitising wipes.
- Gym towels are not permitted. Please use wipes and paper towels provided and dispose of them after each use.
- Members will need to bring their own mats for classes and are asked to ensure these are fully sanitised after use.
Many of our classes will be taking place in our sports hall so that we can maximise capacity whilst still staying safe and practicing social distancing. Physical distance spacing will be marked out on the floor of all studio areas. Please ensure you stay within your marked area throughout the class.
You will be required to bring your own mat for all classes. All other class equipment will be thoroughly cleaned between sessions.
There are no sweat towels allowed in any workout areas (this includes the gym, free weights, sports hall and cycle classes).
The water fountains are not available, therefore please bring with you a full water bottle and a mat if you need this for your workout.
Classes that require equipment will be set up prior to your arrival by our team. After your session, the team at Abbey will fully disinfect and place your equipment away safely.
After every cycle session, our team will clean the bikes. No towels or paper towels are permitted.
An extra 15 minutes in between classes will be taken for cleaning.
Class start times will be staggered to avoid congestion at reception and outside the studios.Book your Gym, Class or Swim Activity Here
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU
- Please DO NOT come to the centre if you are feeling unwell.
- Please take responsibility for social distancing measures by adhering to the floor markings and avoid congregating with others before and after classes/sessions.
- Please don’t arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your booking. Last entry to your required session is 5 minutes.
- Please leave all valuables at home and only bring your essentials – there will be water bottles available to purchase but water fountains will not be in use. No cash payments will be taken.
- Please bring your own mat for exercise classes
- Please ensure you swipe your membership card on entry to allow us to keep track of attendance
- Please be kind. Respect others and respect our staff who are working hard to ensure all the rules and regulations are followed that will allow us to remain open.
- If you wish to wear a mask to train then please do, we will, however, not be enforcing the wearing of masks
- We would ask members NOT to wear disposable gloves whilst in the facility but to sanitise your hands before/after using each piece of equipment instead.
- Please come prepared with a full bottle of water as our water fountains will not be available.
What Should I expect?
The centre will look slightly different when you return, however we aim to keep our usual upbeat, friendly atmosphere. As you enter the facility you will see our Covid-19 signage and information on the directions you should move around the centre.
Communal areas such as the cafe and breakout areas will be closed and all machines in the gym will be laid out differently to ensure physical distancing. The cycle studio is marked out with 2 metre squares and the Sports Hall 4 metre squared. Changing rooms and lockers will be unavailable so members will need to arrive ready for their workout.
Sanitisation stations will be available all round the facility and you will see our staff members cleaning regularly and helping remind people to carefully wipe down their equipment after use.
What are the Centres Opening Hours?
The centre will open on Saturday 25th July 2020 at 8am
Do I need to book?
Yes, you need to book to use all areas of the facility. Bookings can be made online using Sportsbooker or over the telephone. All bookings will be confirmed by email and you will need to bring proof of your booking to the centre in order to gain entry. Members can book 7 days in advance and non-members 5 days in advance
How are you protecting members and staff?
We have put a large amount of procedures in place to help protect both members and out teams. These include enhanced cleaning routines, sanitiser stations placed regularly around the centre and adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Our staff have received essential training in how to keep themselves and our customers safe and are provided with PPE should they wish to use it.
What hygiene etiquette should I be following?
– Washing and sanitising hands regularly
– Covering coughs and sneezes
– Keeping a 2m distance from other people
– Ensure you wipe down machines and equipment with wipes and sanitiser provided after every use
– Bring your own filled water bottle
– Avoid any unnecessary contact with surfaces
– Do not congregate with others before and after classes
Will class timetables be the same?
You can view our new class timetable here. Don’t forget you can still access classes online (Facebook) too!
Will I have to queue outside to get in?
There may be a short queue when you arrive, but we anticipate that we will be able to move into the centre quickly. We advise you to arrive at the centre no more than 5 minutes prior to your booked session. There will be no walk-ins available at the centre. Entry will only be permitted via booking.
How many people will there be in the centre at any time?
We have calculated the numbers we can admit to the centre in each area. Members will be able to book the specific area they wish to visit and will need to remain in that area – you will not be able to go to the gym and then have a swim for example.
When will my membership be re-activated?
For the month of August, you will only be charged 50% of your usual membership fee. Harlands will contact you to inform you of their intention to start collecting direct debits from 1st August 2020. At that point you have a number of options:
1 – You re-instate your membership and have access to the range of full membership benefits as well as complimentary access to the virtual class timetable
2 – You can ‘freeze’ your membership for up to 3 months without cancelling your contract, incurring no charges for re-starting your membership. The virtual class timetable will continue which you can access at a cost of £12.00
3 – You can cancel your membership with us. We really hope you don’t choose this option and we urge you to have a conversation with us prior to you cancelling to see whether there is anything we can do to help.
What if I am not ready to return to the Centre?
We understand that some people may still be shielding or not be ready to return to public spaces just yet. We are more than happy to continue to freeze your membership for a further 3 months until you are happy to return and you will be able to continue to access our classes in the meantime.